View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 09:01 AM
Power User

Funny thing is, i oriented the rack really based on the pinion shaft position to keep the column up high and didn't even think about direction of rotation. New spot was close, but the column's universal's clear the floor and side posts by 1/4 inch. Would've been boring clearance holes through the floor plate otherwise.

Burned the midnight oil til 3:30 again, then got up a couple hours later and just finished all the little details.

Just bled the brakes. For all you yerf hydraulic brakers--- the issue making it a royal pita is the bleeder screw leakage. the vacuum just pulls air into the tube at the caliper and doesn't even draw on the lines. Even with my mighty vac insert that replaces the bleeder, it was taking forever 10-15 minutes of watching air bubble through the tubing despite trying anything i could think of. Then I got the insert completely seated tight in hte bleeder hole --- sucked the system through in all of 30 seconds.

Test ride about to commence. maybe some vid this afternoon. gotta get some real hours on the work clock!