Thread: I give up
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 01:11 AM
Heavy Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azwild66 View Post
Cleaned up carb( completely disassembled), drained oil and refilled... Still no joy, it'll start for a few seconds and idle but it dies, if I hit the throttle it dies. How do I test the electric choke, more specifically, what is the testing procedure? Thanks all.
To test the choke you just hook one side to the Pos. on a 12v bat and the other to the Neg. Measure how far the plunger is before and after the power is applied. I think it should extend about 4mm, the choke will get warm while doing this.

I doubt that it's your electric choke, the buggy would still start up and run with a bad one. It just wouldn't run right once the engine warms up.

Another recommendation I can give you is to replace all the old warn out components on the buggy Asap. like the CDI, Coil, spark plug. Just doing this adds more life to the buggy and helps it run a lot better. I just changed those 3 components out on my friends buggy and now his starts right up and runs like a champ. We put an orange cdi, orange coil, and ngk spark plug in it, Cost all of $30 bucks and it woke his buggy up.

I don't know if you've done it yet put Adjust the valves... they should be .003-.005ths, if you don't know how to do it go on youtube tons of videos there.
Yerfdog Spiderbox, Uni Type air filter with 6" intake, 130 jet, Orange no-rev limit cdi, Red coil, iridium plug, 1500rpm clutch springs, 1500rpm contra spring, 13g sliders, 22" rears, 21" fronts, aftermarket reverse installed, and Trailtech Vapor.