View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 01:57 AM
Supporting Vendor

When I painted my single seat buggy I used the Dupont 1/2 gallon of slate metalic plus 1 pt. reducer and 1 pt. hardner, the half pint of candy with its clear hardner and reducer then the final clear coat with still another reducer and hardner. Everything was pints half pints with the base color being the 1/2 gallon since I wante some extra for repaint or touchup later. My total was $450.00, this was in 2005. The paint I will say is holding up like I could not have imagined. No rock chips. Only one chipped dent from when my son backed into me. But I will next time go the route of powdercoat. When I had my truck in the body shop, the shop mgr showed me a receipt for a 1/2 pint of paint for a 2011 Caddilac $1400.00. It was some kind of irredescent paint Caddilac used. Unbelievable how the price of paint has sky rocketed. The guy from my paint supply house said it is due to all the EPA regulations on even disposal of the paper towel they wipe their hands with after mixing the paint as hasmat. Now why is not the car they just painted treated as hasmat as the rag that got paint omn it. EPA is out of control. And you are right about California and the black helicopter.