View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 07:42 AM
Supporting Vendor

Not all had come with brake/tail lights, but since the harnesses are universal the plug will be their. On the newer buggies there will be several empty plugs on the economy buggies for accy's like turn signals aux. lights, fuel gauge ect. Every schematic of the Carter,Hammerhead,Kinroad,Blade that I have don't show a brake light but a safety switch. However they all had the brake light and no safety switch. Weather equipted with a safety or brake light it will use the same pressure switch. The switch will be on the Master cylinder and have two wires going to it. The switch as I said will either function as a safety switch which will require you to depress the brake pedal to start or it will act as a break light. I have never seen one operate as both and don't think it is possible to. If you have the switch on the master cyl with 2 wires going to it, try depressing the brake to start. If still no spark then try to jump across both terminals of the switch and try. If there is a switch but no wires there should be 2 wires in the general area that may have been jumped together, check to make sure they make good connection. If connected and buggy won't start when pedal is depressed but will when wires are jumped, the switch is bad. You can either replace the switch or just jump the wires to start.