View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 09:12 PM
Lite Contributor

Cools, good ideas as well. Well I took a stab at contacting the guy that built this blue beauty, and I got a response, actually twice. He says he used 1" tubing .090 wall for the straight lengths and .125 wall for the bent tubing. Didn't recall total length footage used. He built it over a 2 year span in no rush, just a side project. put about $2000 into it, but sold it for $4500. Said the $2k went into upgraded stuff. the engine was 30yrs. old that he got at a swap meet and finally had a use for it. Part some extra parts for it too.

So now I am on the hunt for a 250cc engine locally and or an ATV at very low cost. or other parts. There was a yamaha 250 for $200 ran listed on Craigslist, but it would have been quite a drive to go after it.

I have access to all the metal I would need for it. So that cost is free. Out of the specs he listed on his page. I can pretty much figure how to build it. My main problem I would think is the distance of the lower and upper arm suspensions. Here is a pic

To me it looks like no more than 8-10". I asked him about this but no response yet and also about the type of spindles he used.

Has anyone made their own spindles/hubs? Is there a guideline for making them? I guess it would depend on the wheels I would be using. Just curious. So this weekend I plan on cutting some metal and maybe some welding if time plays out. I'll try to grab some pics.

Thanks !!!

GDA