View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Super Moderator

That's a inexpensive to build buggy!!!!The only bummer with a single A-arm is that the wheel follows the arc of the arm and depending on how hard your driving this can prove to be un-manageable.Also when in a hard turn the camber doesn't let the tires sit square on the ground losing traction. You can make a single A-arm type design (similar to the sidewinder) single connection at the chassis and dual connection at the spindle that resolves the fixed arc pattern and allows the wheels stay basically perpendicular to the ground through most of a tall shocks travel.
Also his rear IRS has the same arc issue providing some suspension but poor traction when suspension is compressed. No doubt his buggy is fast as there isn't any chassis!!! I agree with T3beatz that the steering has got to be hard- the handle bars makes for even more effort to turn. There's nothing wrong with the wheel that has bearings other than ease of changing to better rims. I want to know where this person put's his feet while driving- I think he has Fred Flintstone reverse!!!!