View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 01:59 AM
Lite Contributor

Yeah, I am wanting to do a single seater like the blue cart or similar I posted the pic of at the top of this thread. My family is getting the buggy/cart itch. So I have always wanted a single seater somewhat fast than a basic small go kart. And I have been thinking about a 250cc or higher, just wasn't which would be better. 40mph should be hella fine for what we are doing. Like said before no jumping really either.

As I mentioned, I pretty much have most of the parts, but just thinking to dial in the front hub/suspension and motor ideas for the direction I want to go in.

Plus as another project. my father in law and I are also starting a new sandrail style buggy too. This way we'll have 2 rails and the single seater to play with for variety. I like the sand rails, but I don't always want to give every kid a ride, every time I jump in a rail. sounds bad I know, but I also just want one for myself just to have the experience of building and learning it and enjoying it after its completed.

T3beatz thanks for the tip on the hubs. I recently bought some stuff from BMI for the small go cart and didn't realize they had these hubs.

So then technically I could do this...
http://www.*************/item/4x4-Whe...ngs-260055-761

With this.....
http://www.*************/item/58-x-4-...0-or-411000-61

on the front of this cart and it should be fine for general terrain? I like these prices compare to some honda 250-300ex used parts on ebay, but I guess unless which will be better sturdiness.

So yeah, thanks guys, some things to think more about. If you think it'll work fine then I might go that route.

ThX

Geez bedtime already. 12a here and I need to get up at 5a. You are all welcome to email me and further suggestion or pics for reference and such. gothycdesigns@hotmail.com

GDA

Last edited by GDAccent; 06-07-2012 at 02:04 AM.