View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 01:52 PM
Lite Contributor

Thanks Zapper, for the pics. I got the new Comet Series 20 drive units mounted and aligned using assorted washers where needed, with the engine and jackshaft mounting plates tightened down. A test run on jackstands showed the new system worked. Had to really tighten down the clamp holding the throttle cable to keep it from creeping through the clamp - also removed a section of the plastic cable covering where it sets under the clamp.

A quick test down the driveway and around the lot next door resulted in what is more than adequate performance. To me at least. The dual band type brakes work. I replaced the bad kill switch and wired it into the Predator engine wiring harness as shown here in the forums. I need to adjust the toe in; it is obviously wrong.

My concerns include: will the throttle cable clamp system hold up under young persons' usage? Will the drive and driven units work loose under use - I don't want to over torque the bolts in the shafts? Should I use the PB 50 lubricant I found at an auto parts outlet on the drive and driven units before I run the cart any more - it looks like there is a light application of some lube on the new units as received? I wish I had more experience with these kind of machines.