View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 05:23 PM
Lite Contributor

roysheepdog ~ Ok, so then how do you figure in and "droop"? And if the A-Arms are going to be offset, then are we talking about a 2-4" length difference, being the upper is shorter I presume?

Is there a way or program to calculate for this or droop? And what kind of shocks/coils or
should I use? For example If I want the A-Arms to be about 1.5ft. long.

So as I am doing more research on the direction I want to take this buggy..Its pretty much turning out to be more like a Sidewinder. The blue one at top was just the original thought design I wanted to go, well pretty much, I want to do a combo between the styles. I am not a fan of the engine being on my side, so I still want to do a swing suspension in the back. But I want to do the front suspension end like the Sidewinder.

I found a link to a guy fron AU I think that built a mini Sidewinder as he called it. I guess scaled down, but his pic of the front suspension is pretty much exactly I want to go. I was thinking of buying the IFS plans which is $20 + $5 shipping, or I can figure some of this out with my father in law. All I really need to know it just dimensions and I have pics for reference and I can pretty much get it done.

This one pic is why I was looking into quad/atv arms, because its pretty common to see...

But I also like this front Sidewinder pic of suspension...

And a close up of the mini Sidewinder I was mentioning...

Yesterday I got a start on cutting the metal...my father in law got some semi truck trailer panels from one of his sons friends, they are 9.5' x 11'. I didn't have gas for the torch cutting so use my new high speed cutter from Harbor Freight..But I will definitely have 100ft to use or less...

Yes the square tube needs to be cleaned up, but there are 6-7 more panels I can use if need to.