View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 04:35 AM
Contributor

Thats not my arm. Thats a member on mini buggy named chicken1974 and that arm is actualy on a mini sprint car converted to sand rail. Alot of machines use angled arms at the tip. Most have huge amounts of travel. Were talking 15-24in of travel. That would put the heims in a heel of a bind at droop and lock.

If the arm was an A(I assume thats what you mean) you absolutly could not have the spindle so forward. If the front endge is straight, the heim is at the leading edge. If the spindle is mounts in the center of a 12in A it would be 6in back. Pluss. all the strength you need comes from that rear tube on the arm. Least if you hit something. But truth is, the shape of your arm will come down to frame design, possible tab location, wheel base.

Cheap is realative to a mans wallet. My walkerevans clicker shocks go for 800 a set. You can get em for 200-300 used. My rears I'm going for are the fox air2.0. Bout 450-500 a pair for non coilovers.

I have the desertkarts plans. It will not fit a grown man. Least per the designer. But would be easy to modify. If you want some quality plans they wont be cheap. But hands down, Rorty makes the best plans, proper geom in the suspension, many sizes, and a true race designed machine. Desert karts will give you some ideas, but you'll have to redesign almost every aspect to fit you