View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 11:04 PM
Power User

Thanks ... there's a host of things to improve (seat, harness, brakes--maybe add fronts--paint the swingarm) only thing really on the list in the near future are to install the bearings i've gotten for the axle Naichi sealed through VXB, replace the metal idler and hose it with some rustoleum.

The rear jacking up a wheel is mostly from me throwing it hard into a turn then opposite locking it. i can bust those rear tires loose, but it's a pretty fine line between sliding and digging in and wanting to go over at mid range speeds. I dropped the air pressure up front from 275 to 195 to compensate for the soft rear suspension, so it eats up the travel kinda fast in the turns. CG is also pretty high --especially considering this was once a 3203 base. I used to have 2 wheels up in air a lot.
if i were to put the turf tires on it, it'd swap ends on me real fast. it's more like a drift buggy with those. Despite the failure of nearly every part i bought in the one "package" deal i'm pretty pleased with the engine--thought it was really going to drop off a lot with the weight and brake drag. 13-40 in the trans with 13-31 drive to final --now i jsut need a place to ride, relegated to the flat-lands only, that's my daughter's little loop i was shredding to bits.