View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 07:34 PM
Contributor

I dont get why it maters were someone rides.Scrub is a big factor, for people that do not know,look at the spindle mounts to the top and bottom aarms.Draw a line from top to bottom through the mounting points and it should point to the center of the tire.When it points to the ground beside the tire thats a lot of scrub.When built this way on ruff ground bumps are felt in the steering wheel,sometimes a lot.with out scrub you dont feel them and can drive the same places that jerked the wheel(with scrub) with one finger and a thumb.
Camber change makes a buggy or car handle better,thats why they have it.Look at atvs it there utvs yup there to.IT cost the same to build it one way as the other so why settle?
I was new to this when I built the first buggy and I made it from a carter 150(the one in my avatar).I had no help just the links Ive posted.
If I can do it anyone can.Look at this aarm set up(not mine) its done right and can be short travel and 45'' if you want.Do what a winning car builder does to have a good handling and driving car.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s6300230tl9.jpg (46.0 KB, 32 views)

FABRICATION ITS HARDER THAN YOU THINK