View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 03:22 PM
Lurker

So I ordered a new band and put it on the go cart. The new band made contact with the drum on the front side. I bent the ends of the band and removed about 1/2" of brake material and that seems to have helped. The bolt still bent when I applied the brakes only not as bad. It still doesn't feel like there is much holding power, but I am unable to test it until I get the other problem resolved.

The other problem: The go cart will not idle down. It can sit for a week and start on the first pull. I have taken the carb apart and cleaned everything. I have checked for vacuum leaks on the intake manifold at both the card and the engine. It will only idle slow enough to not take off if it is on full choke. at helf choke or no choke it just revs up to a very fast idle. I have attempted to adjust the butterfly. It has a sweet spot where it doesn't idle as fast (but still fast enough for the cart to take off) But actually if I turn it down more then it idles up. I don't understand it. I'm thinking about just buying a new carb, but, I'm not convinced that is the problem. Any other thoughts? I have disconeected the throttle linkage so I know that is not part of the problem.

Thanks.