View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 11:52 PM
Super Moderator

I feel your pain!!!A simple go-kart shouldn't kick our butt's!!!! I've had TEC's that appeared to have zero mod's or tinkering done on them and had your same issues till I changed out to the manual choke version carb. Your braking issue could have an acummilation of small wear factors- slightly bent frame,axle,brake pedal,brake rod,warped brake drum,warped/bent wheels,ect... I've made some real junkers work again and ran across all these contributing factors on what appeared to be a nice go kart. A mechanical disk brake caliper and rotor aren't very expensive to buy new, as I'm the biggest cheap-skate around!!! I always make sure my stuff (kid driven) will stop without any issue before anything else I fix or modify!!! it doesn't matter how fast it goes or how well it steers if it won't stop quickly when avoiding something.I know you understand my statement and wish we could help fix these issues for you- it's just alot harder to do over the internet without physically touching or seeing it.