View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 10:41 AM
Lurker

Ok here goes, first is just a big pic of both

old next to new

Next, magnetic pic-up. Both old and new are same color. Green is grounded on both although in two different locations. Blue white from the magnetic pickup I assume goes to cdi.

magnetic pickup wires

single wire black coil thing. Not really sure what this thing is or does. It has a single wire black red wire on the new, and a black pink (faded red?) wire on the old. Both mount in same location. hard to get both in a photo, marked by tips of the pens.

black red wire from black coil thing

Bigger copper wire coil. I assume this is the actual generator. It is a two wire system. These wires are covered in a black plastic to protect the wires so hard to capture colors. Old uses a pink, and a yellow wire. New uses a yellow and a white. Odd thing is, and not sure this matters, is the mounting side for the yellow switched. Basically, from top down, on the new stator, white goes to the left side and yellow to the right side. On the old, yellow goes to the left side while pink goes to the right. Guessing one of these to regulator, one to cdi.

Left side of coil - white on new, yellow on old, hard to see

Right side of coil, yellow on new, pink on old

Last pic just shows the ground. Done a bit different on the new. The green wire from the magnetic pick-up mounts to the right side of the coil. The green that comes out of the wire bundle grounds to the clamp for the wire bundle. On the old, both wires ground to the clamp.

This last pic is the startor relay. I cannot find a part number or anything else for this part. This is the part I am going to call at some point to try and order from you.

starter relay

Hope this is enough info. I am going out with the kids in a bit and going to take a good look at wires to the cdi and such and track where they come from. Ill try and get pics online a bit later.