View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 09:47 AM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuggyMaster View Post
I think the #10's are going to be too light in the variator but the air package will make some of that up.
Well, this is the point I was making - but they're not going to be "too light".

He'll get the low end he's looking for, and gain the top end back. We get feedback all the time from people who are very happy with this setup, as it's inexpensive and easy to install. A sprocket upgrade is a much more technical upgrade, though it will also provide good low end. There's just an awful lot of buggy you have to take apart to get it installed.

I've run 9g sliders in my 150 for 1.5 years along with a lot of other mods and LOVED the low end power it gave me. Yes, the RPMs ran about 85-8800 at wide open and my top speed was in the high 30s, but it was a low end monster.

Since upgrading to a 30mm pumper carb and gaining a ton of power from that I went to 11g sliders and might go even heavier. But without the other mods that increased the overall power and low end, I would not have wanted to lose that acceleration and climbing ability that I had with the lighter weight sliders.

It goes back to the first question that BIGE and I ask customers: What kind of riding do you do and how do you want the buggy to perform?