View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 09:26 PM
Contributor

Default carb jetting issues

hey guys i need some pointers on my TM150 xrx carb. it has the 24mm.
my mods are gutted exhaust, and UNI intake filter inside of the original elclosed airbox. i have also drilled 3 1/8un. holes in the rear of the box.
inside of the carb was originaly a 114 main & 35 pilot. i stepped up to a 126 main and 38 pilot. with the results of the spark plug showing it was running lean (after numerous 10 min rides from 1/2 throttle to full) and going back and forth with the air screw also. soooo.....i stepped up the main to a 130.....with the same results. it still shows it is lean and for the life of me i cannot get the spark plug to turn tan.
i am also consused as to whether i am leaning it out or richening it because the pilot jet is located directly "beside" the main jet......i have been told if it is on the intake side and you srew it out you are 'leaning it" and if the pilot is on the air filter side you screw it out to "richen it" can anyone help me with this? this is jetting thing is taking away from some much needed off road fun