View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 06:39 PM
Power User

all may not be lost. clean the rack and pinion of all grease and use machinist's blue, or even just a sharpie marker on the rack teeth. rotate it until it hits the bind then take out a file, remove a little material where the bind is indicated by a mark in the dye. repeat until it clears. when i did mine, i got a bit off after a couple teeth and spent a looong evening getting it to work. FWIW, even when unmodded, the racks will feel a little notchy when not attached to anything and the rack is turned a bit. Mine felt horrible after i modded it until i had it lubed and installed and test ran it a few times. i had the same worries and it never became an issue. I'm not saying you're home free yet, but i'd set it all up first before ditching it and starting over.

"This hobby is getting serious, and fast" LMAO, welcome to the club my friend. I started out with just a simple no cost rear swingarm pivot upgrade and ended up in the 4 figure zone while working on a junkyard/scrap pile budget ... and 2 more running buggies ..... and another scrapyard project pile. )))))

Last edited by x-bird; 01-04-2013 at 06:54 PM.