View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 07:06 AM

I learned a long time ago, there is no replacement for displacement. The quad runner engine would be an excellent choice. I liked MSM's trx200sx swap, mainly because I actually had one for years with the intention of putting on a kart frame, and when I moved a few months ago, I abandoned the project. MEGA DOH!! I am now in search of donor now, air cooled would be simpler, but I think at low speeds it would overheat too much, especially if riding 2 up, like mine will be(for now). Looked at some 500-550cc engine as well, but unsure how/if a kart axle would handle that kind of power for any length of time. It's too bad everyone here thinks their quad engines are made of gold plated platinum, or I would likely already have one and drawing out the swing arm plans, hence why I was looking at smaller bike engines, cause nobody wants a little bike here, so they go for relatively cheap. I got a line on a complete ninja 250 carb to exhaust with all electronics for what seems a good deal, I'm just too much of a haggler to pay the asking price, lmao. I also finally found a quad/bike salvage yard locally that I'm going to check out this weekend, maybe they have something better, who knows.

I would also like to see a fire breathing, tire smoking, 250 eating GY6, but again, they were designed to run at mediocre HP for a long time on a scooter, and that doesn't translate to big power without big investments.