View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLESTAK75 View Post
I bet that 4-valve worked over and sitting on top of a 180 big bore would be REALLY sweet. Question for you xlint. I am loving the way this CVT is working now. With the new power from the head it zips up quickly to the point where the shift begins and it holds that RPM solid and just keeps accelerating; however, I would like the RPMs a bit higher through the shift. I am running 11 gram weights now. If I switched to 10s what kind of difference could I expect?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLESTAK75 View Post
After getting this pulley I was unable to open it to see these extra grooves but it is sitting in that "race" groove. it twists open then it hits that spot and just slams open the rest of the way. When measured from edge to edge of the open pulley it really doesn't open further. Its the shape of the faces that is different and this allows the belt to get down into the pulley about 3/4" further than the stock one.
Maybe you should try the other groove on that pulley you got and see what you get?

The "race" groove is supposed to hold you in more midrange power than the stock groove.

I honestly didn't like the 10g sliders as it made it rev higher, but hurt top speed. I really like the 12g sliders on mine, but I do alot of running on flat pavement, so not much off road testing on my part.

I would ask Tom what he thinks you should run with that new found HP.

On a side note, Hey Tom, what did you find while you were digging inside Slestak's head?