View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 02:16 PM
Lurker

What a day. First, let me add that one of the things we fixed when we first got the kart was that the oil level was too high. It was in the cross hatch area of the dip stick but was blowing oil out of the valve cover vent tube into the air box. We drained the oil (which looked new) and put in the correct amount, which solved that problem. Having said that:
xlint89 - there is only one vacuum hose running from the intake nipple to the carb. The plug is a Torch A7RTC, is gapped at .028, and is burning clean. I have not run a compression check.

Today I pulled the plug to get that info and while I was there I pulled the valve cover and removed the vent hose from the air box to re-check the clearance. They were both still at .004 as previously set. I put the valve cover back on, plug back in, and fired it up. After it warmed up I backed the idle screw out to play with the mixture screw again and the darn thing kept idling! I tweeked the mixture screw, readjusted the idle screw and it idles perfectly. Then I noticed that I had not connected the valve cover vent tube back into the air box. I don't really understand this. The motor runs great (and now idles) and there is no smoke coming from the exhaust that would indicated to me the rings are bad. Anyone have any thoughts about that one?

Last edited by ecilop; 02-22-2013 at 03:02 PM.