View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 03:20 PM
Supporting Vendor

Just from the years I have been working on these Chinese products its been my experience that when you have a loose connector which pushes out when plugging connectors together the spades female or female have small tabs on them which during assembly get compressed and do not lock the spade into the plastic plug end. I do not recoment any gluing of the pins into the plug. What I will do once a positive lock has been made and after connecting the plugs to gether is I will clean the back side of the plugs and wires with electrical contact cleanner then using a silicone seallant seal the back sides of the plug to keep out moisture then spray the complete plug with silicone spray once a year to help the water not collect between the 2 plugins . From what 3boys described it could either be in the plugin, a corroded or shorted wire or bad ground. Unfortunately the only sollution is to T/S the problem by process of elimination or replace the harness. I've had customers call for harnesses for the Crossfire but I have not been able to find one. The crossfire was discontinued several years ago. Manufactures stock the parts but the harness is one part they don't stock many of. Kinroad stopped importing back in 2010. 2009 they came out with their new model buggy and uses a different harness then 2008 and prior. You cannot find a harness for the older models in the USA. I had my connection get me one from China on his last visit and he asked if I wanted to get a few since that harness is no longer produced. Some times you just have to get your witts together and with patients,a volt meter, and test light figure where the problem is and repair it. Trying to install a harness not for that vehicle is like installing a chevy harness in a toyota, well maybe not as bad but you get my drift especially if he has no experiance with wiring, tracing will be easier.