View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 10:42 AM
Supporting Vendor

When doing the comp. test make sure your throttle is fully open. I would first check valve adjustment. Most believe the valves will clack as they wear but the opposite is true for they actually tighter due to seat wear and eventually will hold a valve open killing the compression. They do make a socket for the spanner nut but I have yet to find one worth the money for they break easily. I got my spanner from Enco .com but they are 6" long and need the use of a cheater bar. I do stock the flywheel pullers, cost $23.00 plus shipping. These are the good made in the USA and are properly hardened so the threads won't strip out. I will look up the spanner number when I get a free moment so you will know what to order. There is a trick to getting this nut off, give me a call 662-301-1563 and I can explain how this is done. Also if doing a total teardown, the older GY6 with external rev have a gear behind the variator which needs a special puller to get off. The internal GY6 eliminated this gear.