View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 11:21 AM
Supporting Vendor

If the case was not set up for an oil cooler then the cooler with adapter will be the only option. This is what I run on my 150 single and with the adapter properly installed it comes right off the pump. There are some cheap ones out there but they do not circulate the oil well. I have coolers in stock. They will not reduce pressure or volume. You will need just over a quart of oil. If the cooler is placed where air will flow, it will drop oil temp almost 100deg. I mounted mine by welding brackets as far back as possible on engine cradle upright so as air comes around seat it flows through the cooler. Mine has been in use for 4 years now and have had no problems. However proper planning to mount upright is important since the first one I installed on my sons buggy was destroyed one day when he hit a large sand whoop which put him 4' in the air. When the buggy come down the frame hit the cooler and destroyed it. I had to move the mounts back and have since installed rubber isolators to the mount to help take up the shock when running fast down rough terrain. Once I corrected those engineering glitches I have 4 years with no problems. You will need to route and tiewrap the oil lines so that they don't catch on anything. Proper planning is necessary.