View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 10:59 PM
Lite Contributor

When I first got my Roketa GK06 Buggy it wouldn't even start. I had to raise the idle to get it to run. Then it would stall out every so often exhibiting the very same symptoms you mentioned. My buggy was gravity fed which means the fuel tank was higher than the carb so the fuel would flow through the fuel lines into the filter and then into the carb. The fuel line was too long and the fuel would stop flowing periodically so I shortened the fuel line. Now I have a vacuum operated fuel pump installed and never have a problem. However, in your case it could be the choke. They are inexpensive and easy to replace so give that a try first. Pull your plug when the engine is cold and check the color. Should be brownish. If it's black you are running too rich. This could indicate that the choke is stuck in the on position. Check the level of the antifreeze in the radiator. My GK06 has a water cooled CN250 Engine. Yours should too. There is a thermostat in a housing that attaches to the right side of the engine that can be removed and replaced. If the problem is heat related then replace the thermostat. They are also inexpensive. Best of luck.