View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 11:39 AM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug9044 View Post
I have exactly that already, except I have the 11g sliders instead of the 10g's. Over on a different forum they said that a clutch would do wonders and I'm looking into a different one then the Dr pully because I hear they are coming apart very quickly.

Thanks Doug.
There was a time about 1 year ago where the wholesaler was sending scooter-tuned Dr Pulley clutches to us buggy parts dealers. Some of these were installed and not properly tuned with the multiple included sets of springs or had some heat problems with the glue on the clutch pads.

Those problems have been long addressed, but some people who bought them and had problems received little to no support from the wholesaler and have been pretty vocal about it. Rightly so, when you're out a bunch of money, but the product is still an amazing clutch and all the ones we now have are made specifically for buggies.

You won't find a better clutch for your buggy. There are others out there, and many are very good clutches, but none as good as the Dr Pulley so far.

That said, Dr Pulley does command a premium price for that performance. The shorty and the Koso clutches are very good also and cost about $100 less.