View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 06:18 AM
Power User

I've been using the burris jackshaft ratio calculator, but it only takes into account a single jackshaft. Tires are presently 22s, going to 23s--which doesn't help. Trying to get as much clearance under the final sprockets as possible.

Coming my way this week are a 16 and a 21 T sprocket. Mulling over either keeping the 11T on the first jackshaft with either the 19 or 21T on the other side of it or turning one of them down to 520 width and replacing the 11T with it. I still get the feeling that the engine/clutch/trans is "seeing/feeling" the final chain's 11-32 run as the stress load it operates against during initial engagement.

To run anything larger on the second jackshaft, i'd have to cut off the trailing arm and bearing mounts and start all over to get the needed clearance.

As you can see in the vid, it doesn't want to pull up even a small incline from a standstill-- which is a huge issue for me. That could be down to clutch condition though. weight-wise, the buggy isn't that far off from the original quad.

Last edited by x-bird; 05-29-2013 at 06:22 AM.