View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 12:56 AM
Power User

So far all seems well with the clutch. I may spring for a new centrifugal setup if the price is under 100 for the bell and shoe assembly. I really need to see how well it works with an all-around ratio that i'm happy with. with what i did today it was right there on each shift, positive engagement with no slippage. i put it to a stop at my rock-ringed landscaped mound in the front yard and had no problem pushing the front wheels up and over a pretty much vertical chunk of limestone more than a foot tall. likewise i pulled up to a cinderblock with a rear tire, put it right on it, then just crawled the tire right over.

sprocket sets:
----------Now----------First try----Second try
engine -- 11/16 --------11/11------11/16
inter-----11/21 --------16/11 -----21/11
hub -----11/32 --------11/32------11/32
final ratio 8.07 ---------1.99 -------2.2

Next is going to be a swap of the inter driver to a 16T. It will give me 5.5
For that, all i have to do is make a new chain run, 10 minute change.

If i want to go up yet again, i can add 10Ts to the end of the front jackshaft and should only need to adjust the hub tension--maybe remove 1 link. that one is about 1/2 hour change and gives the 6.07

beyond that i'm back to completely removing the front jackshaft and putting the 19T as the driven on it. about a 2-3 hour job to get the shaft out and back in with the alignment spot on.

as you can see even my numbers just earlier today were off. i have a bit of an issue with numeric dyslexia.