View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 11:19 PM
Power User

Got the 16T on the inter giving a 5.5 ratio and think i pretty much found her sweet spot.
shot some vid, set the Go Pro to R1 and am having sound/framerate timing issues, so no vid for the time being.

Clutch seems to engage well (one reason i like the vid is i can listen to it later just to make sure--bad slip is easy to hear while driving, slight slip not so much) Seems like top speed will be somewhere around around mid 40s to 50. Tried a variety of 1st and 2nd gear climbing tests -- drove right over my 1 and a half stack of 6x6 landscape ties that separate my yard and sidewalk. went to drive over a 6-8 inch diameter pear tree trunk and ended up pushing and turning it with the front wheel--in 2nd. spun the tires on some roots in first on a little hillclimb in the woods area, dug a hole for each tire and stalled it when i looked back to see if it was actually spinning the bearclaws. (i have them at 36psi) lots of grin factor now! think this is not only a good all-around setup, but it'll likely do well for both races coming up.