View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 09:02 PM
Power User

Still picking away at the little stuff

Sorted out the electrical, managed to get the taillight working with an on-off switch on the dash panel, tied the horn in to the system and in general reconfigured the runs and have them mostly neatened up. Used the quad's rear electrical panel---starter solenoid and neutral relay on the front, CDI is mounted on the back. i went with a different negative cable as the white one was just too long.

added the engine ground harness and the regulator seems to be working without overheating. may add a piece of 1/4 in. thick aluminum as a backing mount for it. was reading 130 degrees at idle with some revs tossed in it (a friend had an infrared spot meter with him.) not fully warmed up, exhaust was reading 500 degrees right off the engine and the engine case around the bottom of the jug was reading in the 200 range--just idling in the garage with a few blips of the throttle tossed at it.

made a battery box, decided to add some rubber sheet (old mini golf tee pad) to help protect it.

going to rotate the tach 90 -- may weld a plate to the shift handle to bolt it to.

header is wrapped, and i also did the fuel line just to keep the heat off the fuel

still on the list is an aluminum plate for behind the seat as well as a fan--if i can fit it and the electrical can handle it.

also made a new pivot arm for the brake master (straightens out the piston rod push into the master a little bit) and straightened out the hangar--it's going to get some substantial beefing up as i twisted it pretty badly

made a chain tensioner of sorts using a chunk of the quad's original chain guide. quieted things down back there a lot it also let me put the pull start back on--nice to have a backup---funny how you can never get those dang things to take up all the cord after a rebuild. (no, i don't try to pre-load the pulley after getting that bloody spring back in there--i just pullextra out and re-knot it shorter ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kaw3534.jpg (95.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg kaw3531.jpg (80.4 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg kaw3538.jpg (87.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg kaw3546.jpg (89.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg kaw3548.jpg (93.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg kaw3540.jpg (91.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg kaw3536.jpg (82.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg kaw3539.jpg (89.2 KB, 9 views)