View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 01:04 AM
Lurker

Default Carbide 150 clutch shaft help

Hello everyone. I have just recently been introduced to the atv world and cannot believe how much I have been missing out on. Some new friends of ours own three four wheelers and took us out for a ride in may. I loved it so much I started looking on craigslist the next day and came across an add for a mini dune buggy. It said " this thing will go anywhere a four wheeler goes". I purchased an 08 carbide 150 for $600. I had no idea what I was getting myself into because I had never worked on small engines. It was not running but the owner assured me it was a wiring issue. He gave me a box full of parts an an owners manual with diagrams and part breakdowns and numbers. I had the buggy running the next day. Our friends took us out to mena,Arkansas a few weeks later. Wow. I mean wow. Wolf pen gap trails were amazing. When we got back we immediately planned a trip for 4th of July and I started searching in order to get the buggy ready.i also bought an older quadrunner 250 in the process for $400. Had that thing running after a couple of days with no money spent. The 4th came and the buggy surpassed any expectations I had. The groups with side by sides were amazed at how that little 150 was climbing everything in its path. It was awesome. Now we're back home and I tried taking it out last weekend but the buggy seemed like it had no power. It climbed one small hill and now won't climb at all. Smokes out the cvt. I opened it up. The belt seems fine variator seems ok the sliders look good. The clutch looks good the bell seems ok. But with the back on stands if I rotate the clutch shaft either way it travels about a quarter turn then engages the gears it seems. And it also has play like if you wiggle the shaft up and down or side to side it's not firm. I don't think it's supposed to move. I don't remember though because I did not check this when I changed out the main spring. But it has de lost all climbing ability. I'm glad it made it through the 4 grueling days in mena but I'm just wondering what the deal is. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you. And I apologize for the lengthy post I just figured I'd introduce myself and give you all the details. Thanks.