View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 04:13 PM
Lite Contributor

Default Comparing my SunL 150, Baja Dune 150, and Manco Buggies

I'm curious what opinions might be out there about comparing the 3 types of buggies that I currently have as to power plants, drive trains, suspension, durability, etc. Personally I like the frame style look of the Manco XTK 713E much better than my SunL or the Baja even though it is not as roomy. I like having the front disc brakes on the SunL 150 & the the Baja compared to only the rear brake on the Manco. I like the front suspension of the SunL & the Baja much better than the Manco. The fully adjustabable front upper & lower control arms on the Baja make it nice to be able to tweak the front end as needed. Neither my Baja or my Manco are roadworthy yet so I haven't been able to compare power plants & drive trains to my SunL yet. However the 14 1/2hp Subaru engine on the Manco sounds & just feels very strong but who's to say until it's actually rolling down the trails for sure, plus the final drive & chain is on the left side which will be a lot easier if I ever want to upgrade the engine down the road sometime. I also really like having reverse in the SunL & the Baja for when we get into tight areas on forest / mountain trails. My biggest issue with the Manco buggie is that the previous owner cut out the entire lower portion of the swing arm assy and through it all out including the axle, axle hangers, axle sprocket, brake assy, etc the only thing they left were the 2 rear hubs for some reason. I would appreciate anyones opinions or suggestions as to these 3 buggies and the pros & cons of each accordingly.

After scapping the idea of a total ground up build from scratch, and aquirring these 3 different buggies I thought of building a Frankenstein buggie consisting of stretching & widening the Manco frame, using the front end assy & modifing the rear swing arm assy off the Baja, and try using the 14 1/2 hp engine & seats
off the Manco. Then using the SunL pretty much as is other than mildly altering the engine & drive train for more torque / low end power and climbing ability mainly for my wife & daughter to drive. Thanks again for any info, opinions, or suggestions.

Last edited by kittletstv; 08-24-2013 at 04:27 PM.