View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 09:02 PM
Heavy Contributor

Exclamation 10,000,000,000 questions

Hello all.

I have a buncha questions and thought I would make this thread. If anyone else runs into these issues, they will have a thread to gaze upon

1) Seat belts. The ones on my Yerf have holes in them, aren't tightening, are tangled. Anyone have suggested replacements?

2) Which is better to do first, reinforce A-Arms on the spiderbox, or get even ones with new spindles.

3) Any ideas to make an engine quieter (bolt on Howhit mufflers?)

4) If I have a battery hooked up to the engine that is used to start it, will the stator charge the battery while the motor is running? And what is the different between a stator and an alternator?

5) My breaks are weirdly weak, and I don't like it plenty of brake fluid, no leaks or broken lines, and the pads are practically RUBBING against the disk?

6) How is the "rack and pinion mod" done? I think it goes something like carving an extra few teeth into the steering rack?

7) Has anyone used a small solar panel to charge an accessory battery onboard? I am considering doing this, and letting one battery ONLY start the motor, and have the other battery charged by 1) A solar panel. Or 2) An occasional wall charger. Along with letting the other battery run lights, and a possible small radio.

8) Is it true that once you do the reinforcements on the a-arms from BD, that you cannot use the stock ball joints? I plan on upgrading in the long run, but I CERTAINLY won't have $100 left AFTER I drop about $130 on spindles and a-arms...

9) Has anyone put a rear-view mirror on a spiderbox? I tried with this one (http://goo.gl/XGTYIE) and it doesn't seem to work out....The roll bar placement is set far back, so I can't use it as a center mirror, and a side mirror is even harder because it doesn't have an "arm" to extend from the kart with!!!

10) If I go to put blaster shocks on the rear, can I compensate for the extra lift in the rear with big(ish) tires in the front?

The person that answers all of these questions FIRST gets a cookie!

ANY help is appreciated. You don't need to answer all of the questions
Heavy Duty Chain Tensioner
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!

Last edited by TheFauxFox; 11-05-2013 at 05:28 PM.