View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 01:30 PM
Lite Contributor

Well, if you're worried about what it's gonna cost, you shouldn't be doing any of this. These buggies aren't for necessity (don't really care what excuse you use). They're for fun...whether you use them on a farm or not. A little 4x4 pickup would be far better suited for necessity. Anywho, fabrication does take time. But, you can't figure your labor into the build cost, because it didn't cost you anything.

Now, if you want to start comparing costs, you can compare what it would have cost you to buy a pre-fab buggy equivalent to what you could build yourself and determine the cost you save without having to pay someone to build it, a company to distribute it, a sales man to make commission on it, etc. Sure it will take some time to build, but you can make it completely custom to your liking. But, as you said, if you possess the ability and equipment.

I have found some very interesting plans online. I'm thinking about incorporating several different ideas and just building exactly what I want.