View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 08:45 AM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masteryota View Post
The 13.5-14" blaster shocks are from the front of the quad, the rear used a mono shock, it is much stiffer and shorter.

Here is a list of the popular quads and their shock lengths from Works. I use it to surf used shock deals on ebay and check length and single/dual spring rates and such.

I too, have been scoping used fox and works shocks, and the ones I could afford, would need to be rebuilt and revalved, and that puts the whole price range right back up to a new set from Works.

I have seen the 12.5" shocks on ebay with the remote reservoir used on the fronts of the Yerfs, but they too require some work to make function well. Nothing major, just changing the oil and bleeding the shock properly. Something like this.
Yota,

I meant the front shocks on the carbide. I'm wondering if they are softer... Anyway, I am still messing around with these shocks. They are softer because I could compress the yamaha shock with my body weight before installed them. When I tried the same thing on the stock ones, they didn't budge.

Yup, I've been looking those too..
Dr. Pulley variator, 10g sliders, 1500 rpm clutch spring, 39T drive sprocket, A12 camshaft, Intake with Uni Filter, 126 main jet, 38 pilot, performance CDI, performance coil, iridium plug. Now a lean wheel spinnin' machine.