View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 08:17 PM
Contributor

Zman,

I hate to say this, but I doubt very seriously that anyone will give you a VIN number. However, you might try the route I took to get my Yerf an off road sticker.

http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4508

In this process the highway patrol inspected my buggy and looked at the numbers that I had stamped. They then recorded them and issued me a Vehicle ID number. I took the ID number to the DMV and they generated a VIN for the buggy. If you try and go this route, I can not stress enough the need for a jig to stamp the numbers. During inspection, they will be looking for any inconsistency. So if your numbers are crooked, spaced unevenly, or not in a straight line, it probably will not fly.

I also recommend that the numbers be stamped on a flat surface. Before I stamped the numbers on the frame, I experimented on some scrap round tubing. I found that I could not get a uniform stamping on the round tube, so I then looked for a flat area. Of course you always want to do practice stamping on scrap metal before you do it on the frame.

Don't tell the Po Po that I gave you this info

Just added - 2007 Joyner 250 SV - Let the fun begin

4-Dirt Bikes, Baja Bug and enough toys to keep me in the garage and out of trouble.