Thread: Sup Y'all
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2015, 01:08 PM
Power User

adjustment screw is an airscrew then, and it's showing it's getting too much fuel. needle is in the hole all the way, which is the leanest. so it's saying it wants a smaller pilot or there's something else dumping in too much fuel. While running with the TM 24 flatslide, my vacuum through the carb was so strong since the bore was so small, that i ran into the need for an ultra tiny pilot that i had to make myself because of the way it would pull fuel up around the main, even at idle. just too small of a carb. you may be at that stage where a 28mm bore is what the engine really wants.

open your petcock and let it sit a few hours in a "safe" area. then check to see if it's flooding out the needle. if the fuel flow coming in is a mismatch to the needle and seat setup, it can make it rich no matter what the jetting. ran into that with the Suzuki's oem VM 26. check and eliminate that idea ... I had to go from gravity to a regulated fuel pump to get that situation under control. carb doesn't car how it's fed, just as long as the float needle and seat match the feed rate. Speaking of which, did you check the float height? may be too high.

Last edited by x-bird; 07-11-2015 at 01:12 PM.