View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 08:51 AM
Heavy Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****Mike View Post
Often, it's just the dealer's own market
True that! this is the business side of this sport that really puts my shorts in a bunch! I have seen alot of stuff come and go over time. Most of which is hyped up by a manufactor who can't or won't offer data and info to back up their claims. You can ask the venders questions but they can only give you an educated guess to the best of their abilities. It's not the venders fault, they are left in the dark as much as we are.
It's frustrating, it is the venders that has to put their neck out, not the manufactor.
A perfect example of this: I asked for some pertanant specs for a water cooled head in this forum. This is a costly item. I need to know EXACTLY what it will achieve before I hand over the cash. Is this too much to ask? The seller either did not read my questions correctly or he didn't have answers. I have asked one of the worlds largest supplyers of performance parts, to his face! about some data to back up his claims on a particular product. he looked like a deer caught in the headlights. Either way, both lost a sell. If you are considering a purchase. NEVER pay attention to the advertising hype. Ask someone who has used the stuff before such as mike or the other venders on the forum. These guys try just about everything that comes through the door. they have the skills, knowledge and experience to give you an honest ,straight up answer.What I like respect most about these guys, they are not afraid to say " I don't know