View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 07:48 AM
Lite Contributor

Default Kandi Buggy Refurb Project Updated

Well got some work done on the kids buggy this weekend.
DIY cold air
I ordered a K&N style 42mm air filter from ebay. and wen to Lowes and picked up a chrome drain pipe and rubber interconnect. this replaced the empty air box with took a little finagling to get it on and everything but it came out really nice. I want to make a better support bracket for it but that is on my list of to do's.
new fuel pump and fuel filter.
I ordered a new fuel pump from ebay last week as I was not getting any gas to the motor. SO I drained the tank (little messy job and smells so good) and replaced the pump and for good measure the boy and I ran to napa and picked up a fresh filter and checked all the lines for obstruction. also check the tank which did not appear to have any rust or scale in it at all surprisingly.
Ghetto paint job
My son asked me to paint the buggy red. So I figured why not the bright yellow factory paint was sun bleached to urine yellow anyways. So I picked up a quart or red rustolium and a pack of sponge brushes and spent Saturday afternoon painting the buggy. It is not pro job but looks much better than the yellow. I decided to not paint the floor instead I will pick up a can or 2 of truck bed liner paint and use that as I figure it will be much more durable than the rustolium.
The son loves flags so we had to re-purpose a broken big wheels flag for the buggy as well.

Next up.
all lights are getting swapped led versions are on the way.
motorcycle radio install because good times require a soundtrack! :-)

some pics of the wife and boy test driving etc
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stephen approved.jpg (102.9 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg cai1.jpg (100.3 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg joyride2.jpg (97.7 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg when purchased.jpg (100.0 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by ShoeBoxLen; 09-01-2015 at 09:42 AM.