View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 06:32 PM
Lurker

Default Single Seat Roketa GK-44 Suspension

Hello to all members. I am new to the mini buggy world. I have recently purchased a 2008 single seater Roketa GK-44 or as it is also known as a Coolster 6250. Took about 6 hours to assemble - I am really slow. Chinese manual really sucks, but still figured it out. Never saw it in the day light for about 5 days because of work schedule. I took it to a moto-x track with my sons and had a blast. The CN250cc has enough power, but after the 1st hour, two things came to mind. Suspension and suspension. My yellow bumble bee lands hard, takes bumps hard, and I am afraid if I play hard, I will be repairing it more than riding it.
Do any fellow members know if I replace the stock shocks with longer and better shocks, would this help the suspension? I have read other post about suspension for other types of karts, but does any one have experience with this type. Should I change the front of rear shocks first? Or if money allows, if I change all shock, will that make the suspension bearable? Once I adjust suspension, my plan is to up grade variator, clutch, CDI and rev limitator. I ordered the parts from Tom at Kidnme. Really nice doing business with him. I am also considering going to ebay and bidding on a Yamaha or Honda a-arms, spindles, hubs and breaks. If I get all the measurements correct, will this really help the suspension? But that is down the road. Thanks...