View Single Post
Old 04-04-2016, 02:43 PM
Supporting Vendor

once we hit durhamtown it was game on!
the first day she had a passenger so she took it pretty easy.at the end of the day went she went back to the cabin i went back out w/ the 400 to find that G-ray was stuck in the messiest peanut butter pit i had ever seen. the georgia clay had swallowed up his RZR. after trying to pull it out w/ his wife's rzr, he asked to get the 800 for the winch.
at first when i got back the winch would not work. i had tested it before but nothing would happen. someone went back to get the only other guy w/ a winch but i had kept playing w/ the on/off switch and all of the sudden it came to life. so the bms got a winch test. i am a little weary about it and want to check it out but so far it is working still. mission accomplished.
immediately after i asked team hog to try a drag w/ me. we hit the strip and raced but i started spinning the rear tires and it started heading towards the fence ( rained most of the day), when i lifted the throttle stuck so i turned the key off. somehow i got it unstuck. i thought it was a chunk of clay from my boots but it happened again going back to the cabin. i figured out it was the throttle cable clevis hanging up on the frame. probably the cable stretched a bit, but i was weary loosened cable or not it might happen again. the best solution was G-ray's idea to file down the one side but i will be making a guide as an extra safety feature to prevent this from happening again. the next day was no holds barred. she had no kid in the passenger seat so she started actually riding it. it held up great except the weight of the clay that stuck to the fenders wreaked havoc on them. i took the rears off and they literally weighted at least 25lbs each the right front got so heavy the tab ripped off the frame. i have never seen anything cling like this clay.
the stock shocks and seats will be getting changed. they both suck. the shocks are too stiff even w/ very light preload in them and the seats have a bar that will kill your tailbone. power is great and the 4wd worked flawlessly. she even got out of a hole a friends RZR got stuck in so she went down to harass him. she got stuck twiceand got herself out twice,very happy ! the shock/seat thing is expected. even rzr peeps change that stuff.
all in all very happy, and i'm glad it's been ridden so i can start fiddling w/ it.
here's some vid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rai3WyizOB8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x9S7vHqdIE
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 012.jpg (99.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 030.jpg (98.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 031.jpg (97.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 032.jpg (98.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 036.jpg (99.1 KB, 11 views)

"LUCIFER" JOYNER JD400,
CROSSHAMMER 250R,
YERF GX150,
CROSSFIRE MBX150,
BMS 800V-TWIN
'16 RZR 900s ,
'17 ACE 900XC,
'99KX250,
'94 KDX200,
'18 SSR SR170TX