Thread: Ohhhhh fuuddgee
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 12:48 PM
Supporting Vendor

About half the people I know with Yerf Dogs have had to replace their axles and also front spindles. However it seems the other half has not had to. I believe the problem is with the later models. The Yerf Dog origionally was made in Mississippi. Than Walmart and Sams Club who at the time were Yerf Dogs iceing on the cake, required them to provide a cheaper priced buggy. The last year and half I believe the buggies sold thru Sams and WalMart were totally sourced to China and this is where their problems started. I had met a gentleman who worked at the Yerf Dog factory where the Radio Flier wagon was also made. He was laid off when the outsourcing began and ended up working at the BMW parts warehouse. He told me that in the end YerfDog was still making some in the US but that the Big Box stores required them to outsource to China. When the Buggies started to have massive failures Wal Mart And Sams refused many containers of Buggies and that resulted in YerfDog filling for Chapter 7. The refused Buggies had made it to port when the orders were cancelled leaving YerfDog without the means to pay the balance due. The Buggies were than shipped back to China. Yerf Dog having float a loan for the 50% required down payment to have the Buggies made and shipped than to not have the balance to accept delivery from port put them under. The person I had met and who was laid off, his job consisted of the purchasing of parts and supplies from China. Yerf Dog had found another factory to build the karts which were to be sold to the big box stores. Thats Corporate America for ya. TOM