View Single Post
Old 11-30-2018, 09:48 AM
Contributor

Not trying to rain on your parade but 50 will never happen out of one of these unless you are ok with it being a dog on take off and taking forever to hit it. 35ish is about it on these things. My kinroad is hopped up and I can bounce it off 38 (gps) on a good long stretch but it is screaming. If you really must try it I think gearing is your only option short of putting an atv engine on it.

Ditch the factory air cleaner setup, it is restrictive. Skip anything less that 10 grams on sliders/rollers. They are too light for a buggy. I have 12 gram sliders in mine and happy. The 1500 spring is a must. Just change out the main one and leave the 3 factory clutch springs. A better exhaust will open it up. I built mine but JERSEYDEVIL on here custom makes them. I think Travis at buggy depot has also started selling a kit but not sure about the fitment on you model. I have an a12 cam but I also built my engine to make more power down low for trail riding. Since you want top end you can look at cams that make power higher in the rpms.

I'll say the biggest item that woke mine up was when I ported the head. Not for everybody because it is real easy to make it loose power if you do it wrong. Not sure of anybody that offers to do it any more.

Don't waste time on aftermarket CDIs. They are tuned for lighter scooters and I haven't seen any gains in any of the ones I've tested from expensive ones to the cheap ebay ones on a buggy. If your factory one is working then rock it till it goes out.

Good luck and thanks for your service. One of my best friends is a retired squid. If it wasn't for the navy he most likely would be in jail or in the ground now.

Last edited by neo71665; 11-30-2018 at 09:51 AM.