View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 05:04 PM
Lurker

The stock tire size in the front already rubs at full lock full left but not full right? I don’t see any steering stops
I think I’m going to size up rears only right now since the front are still decent and already rub. In the back, I will probably stick with the the same width but go with a taller tire.

1C41C419-B42D-47BD-ABA1-65D5EC96AFBC.jpg
0810BA0D-F8BF-4775-B187-C66EC34BD8B6.jpg
DFA44048-0277-4423-ADE4-FFBFC5AE6BA6.jpg

I YouTubed it up this weekend to learn about the CVT system. This led me to tear the pulleys all down and used a Scotch-brite roloc disc and wire brush to clean up the rust and buildup all over the parts. I can’t get rid of the rust pitting, but there is not more metal that is above flush on the pulley faces. There is obvious wear on the buttons and ramps for them so I cleaned up the ramps as much as I felt comfortable with and swapped the buttons. Then I adjusted the spring to the 3rd setting (for more tension, am I right?).
Tried it out today and it seems to work fine, but I didn’t thrash it like I did the past 2 days. After about an 45 minutes of driving, there weren’t any signs of belt material under the cover.
Judging by what belt was on it when we got it, ya I think it was the original belt. I ordered two new ones from hammerhead performance and that was the new one I shredded. It looked identical to the original belt. I just ordered a 10 pack from eBay because I expect this to be a recurring thing.

Can anyone point me to something that explains all the differences in tuning a 30 series CVT?

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by pghp8ntballer; 04-06-2020 at 05:19 PM.