Thread: 150 cc
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 10:31 AM
Supporting Vendor

I have the Works shocks on my Blade and I will say this "nothing else compares" I can go as fast as I want over just about anything. I was driving on my land one day and at about 25mph I hit a dip in a low area and just about catapulted end over end. With the Works shocks I can take the same dip at 40+ mph and the buggy handles it without a glitch. I should also add that the first and almost disasterous time the shocks were new and adjusted all the way up. The Works were designed for our buggies so they are the proper fit and ride.I have experimented with other shocks including the Blaster shocks on my sons buggy and they don't come close to the Works. You have to be careful when choosing an atv shock, they cannot be longer cause on a strut front end it will put much stress on the joints and on the back if your buggy has the dog bone (these are the 2 links that resemble dog bones) as much as 3/4 inch will affect this suspension in a negative way. Springs cannot be too heavy. The Works have a progressive spring and totally differant valving as compared to an atv shock. These will give you optimum comfort with normal driving (better than stock) but between the gas charge,progressive springs, and valving these shocks will take just about anything you throw at them and not put undue stress on the suspension. The last ones I ordered for a customer appx. 1 1/2 years ago cost him $205.00 ea. Yes they are quite pricy but are rebuildable so you will never need another shock, and as I said prior nothing else compares, and if you compare the pricing of simular shocks from say Fox or any of the other custom performance shocks the price range is compatible. I will add one last thing,I have had the Works on my buggy since 2005 and many hard hours on them. and never had any problems with them, these are well worth the money. If anyone has an interest in a set I am a works dealer so you can call me and I can get a current price on them. TOM