Thread: scotthh250
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 05:32 PM
Contributor

I'd like to know what happened as well on the tires that doesn't seem quite right? I'm still fairly new to all this and my old approach would have been to mod the cvt and carb areas first. I would highly recommend, if you have the budget to do it, getting the head worked over and maybe a cam. Then you can tune the cvt from there to dial in a combination best suited to your riding needs. If you need info on the head work feel free to pm me for more details. I can tell you I have recently driven a 2007 Hammerhead CN250cc with FNR and it is running 22x10x10 Swamp Fox rear tires and it will brake them suckers loose. The mods that I know are on it are as follows: Malossi Delta Adjustable clutch, 30 or 32mm pumper carb, UNI filter, 19g sliders, Blue spring, 132.5 main jet 50 pilot, Supertrapp 10" Elite series knockoff exhaust, and a cast iron cylinder of some sorts with a wiseco piston. All that said it has a major exhaust leak as the exhaust is not fabbed properly and it has some hesitation from probably around 2500-3300 rpms which I suspect is a combination of exhaust leak and jetting not quite right. All that aside it will cut the tires lose and runs really strong. I suspect something may be going on in your cvt if you are not getting much power as that thing should run real decent in its stock form.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeulR4W1_PU