Thread: New toy FL-350
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 08:36 PM
Contributor

Thanks Again Rick for your help on the needle position of my carb. I went both ways with it and it runs the best in the second notch position.

One other thing I did figure out was the clutch was hanging up a bit intermediately. Not always, but ever once in a while, & when you would try come to a stop it wouldn't release and act like it wanted to kill the motor. It would also make it hard to get into the power band when moving slowly though deeper sand.

This afternoon, I was laying under it and fiddling with it and it looked like the rollers & such were very dry and had a touch of surface rust, I noticed one of the weights or sliders?? was stuck sticking out, & when I started pushing on it and it finally released and about took the end of my finger off when it did. I sprayed the rollers & sliders with just a touch of Lithium that I would normally use on window regulators and it made all the difference in the world. The throttle response is flat awesome now since the clutch doesn't lock up immediately like it was, and now the buggy is a whole new animal to drive. Hills where it would lug to get up before, now it rips right up like they aren't even there. Dang this thing is fun!

Thanks again for your help

Last edited by Rarerat; 05-04-2010 at 08:38 PM.