View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 08:54 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalstudman1 View Post
Since I've modified the front steering and suspensions of the Spiderbox and my wife has put it through the beatings I'd like to add some food for thought. Unless you've upgraded the ball joints the bigger tires are going to wear them out REAL quick.The ride on your kart will be greatly improved as "ckau" says, also general stability will be better with the front end elavated. The biggest tire I could manage to put up front was 19" with out frame interferance and I extended my spindle shafts. I had also cut additional grooves in the rack for a better turning radius as the stock radius is terrible.I found thru trial and error that the tallest shock the kart could stand was 15" in the rear. Good luck with your mod's and big up's to you for making the effort.

Thanks, her buggy still has the stock ball joints and they are about shot as of now. I will need to replace them in the very near future. These are the rear shocks I bought on feebay to run on the rear.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

I hope they will work well, but I didn't pay much for them so if they don't it's not a huge loss.

Can you explain your rack mods in a little more detail? i haven't really had time tinker with it, but it does appear to turn the tires unevenly for some reason. Her turning radius is terrible on that buggy and I was really hoping the new more aggressive tire would help tighten that up. Any advice you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Nick