View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 01:12 PM
Lurker

Default Front hub on the GTR 250

For all you GTR owners out there... What is the bolt pattern on YOUR front hub? Turns out they are all different... I just called Carter technical support and got the line, "The Chinese are infamous for running changes." Technical support at carter measured a couple of hubs they had and got 101mm for one of them. Mine is 105mm. And the rims I ordered from ITP are 110mm.

Call me a moron for not measuring them myself. But who would have thought there are 3 different front hubs on the GTR? I got my info from a search on this forum and 2 other buggy forums that all said the GTR 250 had 110mm bolt spacing.

I got a Carter dealer who is going to send me a new hub that is 110mm and we'll see if it works. I don't mind working on stuff. That's part of the fun. I don't mind even having to tinker a bit. That's even more fun. But its not fun when the parts are not standard. Can you even find 4x105mm rims? The only google results I could get were foreign cars and small Fords.

By the way, anyone in the market for a set of 105mm front hubs and rims for the GTR 250? If I can convert my hub for the 110mm rims, I'll put them up for sale here. They only have 4 weeks of riding on them.

Last edited by PyroDoctor; 05-18-2010 at 01:15 PM.