View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 10:39 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckau View Post
This has got me excited! let me get a few questions straight. does your yerf have reverse? Did you actualy take the counter sprocket from the BX and install it on the yerf?
Just guessing here but another difference between the two motors may also be in the internal transmission gear ratios. The howhit's do have a low ratio internal gear set for torque while a lot of the others seem to have taller internal gears for better speed. We had a '05 carter that was a dog at take off and couldn't pull a wet noodles from a horse's a$$ but could get a higher top speed. The external gear ratios were identical. Our only explanation to this mystery was the difference in trans gearing ratios. the buggy was sold before we had the chance to pull the. trans cover to verify.
I am running a 13/31 gear set now that's a ratio of 2.39. A 16 tooth may be a touch too tall, that puts it at 1.94. I wanna stay over 2 but pick up a couple of mph. A 14 would be good, a 15 would be perfect. I kill most anybody off the line but after things get rolling it's sometimes hard to keep up. The only advantage I have at that point is handling. and just for you "VAN", driving skill!
Hey..Ive got some driving skills..Ill give you a run on the track with Vans old buggy. next weekend !

Last edited by rich1; 06-13-2010 at 10:48 PM.